The Scientific Conference on Computer Linguistics and the Golden Formula of the Croatian Language will be held on September 25 to 26, 2020 in Osijek. The conference has been organized by the Mathematical Department and the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of Josip Juraj Strossmayer University in Osijek.
The aim of the conference is to bring together dialectologists, Croatian language history researchers, methodologists and computer experts who are researching the interconnectedness of Croatian dialects at all language levels and the contrasting approach to teaching them in schools. The wish is to present the Golden Formula of Croatian language (ča-kaj-što) via a syntactic-semantic web framework that already exists for standard Croatian. The conference will examine:
- the phonology, morphology and vocabulary of each of the three dialects
- history of the Croatian language
- dialectological topics in Croatian language teaching
- corpus lexicography and lexicology
- difficulties in digitizing and maintaining the corpus and vocabulary online
- computer linguistics in linguistic integration